Dear members of Ashton HC.
We want to advise you that unfortunately we will have to raise the cost of subscriptions this year. We have not done this since the 2011-12 season. At that time, we actually REDUCED the fees as we felt that people were struggling enough give the economy at the time. We have recently examined the costs of running the club and our budget estimates show a large shortfall in running costs year on year. The recent issues with the pitch highlight the need to be urgently planning a new carpet in the coming few years and this along with other costs mean a rise in fees and increased efforts to fundraise. We are therefore asking your understanding and help as we move forward with this.
Fees will move as follows
- Adult 250 euro
- Family (two parent/guardians plus two under 18s) 450 Euro
- Unemployed/Student or School Goer playing adult league 150 Euro
The Management of the club have investigated several ways of subscription collection and have agreed a deal with Clubify going forward. This means that members will now have to register and play online through the Clubify website or app. It is a safe secure payment system and allows the club build a clear database of players, utilize additional fundraising programs, lotto’s last man standing etc. and also ensures that we have adequate listings to satisfy insurance criteria. It is also a great tool for getting the latest club news, fixtures, results etc.
Some years ago we as a club decided to insure every player from our own budget without increased costs of subs. At this time, it costs about 11 euros per person per year to give you security of insurance cover. We will have to review this again next year as this is a significant cost per person and we realise some of you have your own cover already.
SUBS ARE DUE THE 31st OF OCTOBER – EVERYONE PAID IN FULL BY THEN WILL BE PUT IN A DRAW TO WIN 1 of 2 €100 VOUCHERS!!!
The following are the steps to pay via CLUBIFY:
1) Download or Upgrade the Clubify App from the Apple Store or Android Store to the current release available from the app store (https://clubifyapp.com/download – if it is your first time using the App you will need to find and subscribe to Ashton Hockey Club
2) Open the app and check everything is working as normal – you should see News, Results, Fixtures etc. tabs
3) In the “My Club” section you will see the Membership and an option to “Buy Now”– it may take up to 5 minutes for the option to buy to appear.
4) There is also an option to pay using this link for those without smart phones: https://clubifyapp.com/public/clubs/92/membership_products
If you cannot pay by that date it is critically important you make contact with Edel Purcell (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know and put a payment process in place. Failure to pay or make contact means you are not insured to play games.